I would like to buy a hamburger - Problems with English Pronunciation

Has any of you got problems with learning English pronunciation? Foreign students like to argue about which of all the English accents is the most difficult, but there is no correct answer to that. It's normal that if you had learnt British English at school, you could have more problems with the American or Australian pronunciation. When I first moved to England, I felt like after running a marathon after a 10-minute conversation with a Scott - it was an exhausting experience! :) But when I had befriended a Scottish lady at work, after some time, I couldn't even remember why this accent was so difficult to me.

Unfortunately, for many of us - learning to understand the accents is much easier than learning to speak them. My francophone students continuously refuse to pronounce 's' at the end of words, not to mention the letter 'h' which seems to be absolutely useless, especially when it comes first in a word. So, next time you'll meet a French or a Swiss chap, don't panic when he tells you that he's very angry. Just give them a sandwich and everything will be alright :)

You can tell me about your problems with the English pronunciation in the comment box below!

And in the meantime - watch a video that will make you laugh about all your problems :)

If you can't see the video below, just click this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz0IT4Uk2xQ



Popular posts from this blog

I used to get up early vs I'm used to getting up early and I'm getting used to getting up early

Conditionals - how to use them outside classroom!

FCE Vocabulary Revision - Sport and Leisure